Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 13. January 13, 2011

Music makes my world go 'round. The center console of my car is the only area that stays a complete disaster, because how am I supposed to get rid of any cd's I own?? A little Air Supply, Journey, or Jimmy Buffett takes me back to being a kid and my mom blasting the stereo as she cleaned the house while I played close by. A little Poison, Bon Jovi, Tiffany, Metallica, or NKOTB and I'm back in my poster filled early teen room gossiping with girlfriends. REM starts and I'm reminded of senior year in HS and how I completely understood that yes... everybody does indeed HURT sometime. Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Randy Travis...yes boys..you all bring back the transition of High School to "the real world" and the bitter sweet feeling of your first love fading away. Oasis always reminds me of that great house I shared with Greg on Princeton, and how he was and always will be one of my very best friends. Switch over to Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Jason Aldean..and here I am.. the person I am today. I think music helps me get through anything, and also reminds me to look at even rough times in the past through rose colored glasses. I love my cd's, I love the songs on my I pod. I can find relevance in just about any song I hear, and my taste spans the dial depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment